Ordinarily, I decide on recipes that I want to post pretty far in advance. I’ll think of what would make a good post, maybe try it out a few days, wait for a sunny day to take pictures, plan it out a bit. But not today. I’ve decided to try to post with some sort of regularity now that I have so much time to do so and I had penciled this blog post into my schedule before I had any clue what to make. As that little time frame of “food blogging” that I set aside was drawing closer, I still had no ideas- and I was getting hungry. I didn’t have many ingredients on hand for the big projects I wanted to do and I couldn’t quite settle. Then something occurred to me, why don’t I just make what I want to eat for lunch and blog about it? Why does it have to be a fancy project? Plenty of people post salads and sandwiches on their blog and they turn out great, maybe I’ll just do that. And I did. And it came together nicely.
Thus giving it the added perk of being a quick and easy, single-serve, healthy lunch to throw together.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 5-10 strawberries, cut to your liking
- 5-10 cherries, pitted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave/ other liq sweeteners to make entirely vegan)
- 2 teaspoons bbq sauce (a basic flavor kind)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- cook quinoa
- dice the fruits
- mix the liquid ingredients together for the sauce, and pop it in the microwave for 10-20 seconds so that it gets nice and thin
- toss everything together in a bowl, enjoy : )